The primary aim of this course is to help students acquire both a range of generic competencies relating to personal effectiveness, such as self-awareness and reflection, self-management, communication, leadership and influencing and managing the performance of others; and a series of competencies relating to the key human resource functions, such as recruitment and selection, change management, negotiating and bargaining and handling conflict.
The generic competencies include:
- self-awareness and reflection;
- leadership and influencing; and
- managing the performance of others.
The competencies regarding HR functions include:
- Competencies for people management: change management and teamworking.
- Competencies relating to acquiring staff: human resource planning, recruitment and selection.
- Competencies relating to maintaining and developing staff: learning and development, employee relations (negotiation, bargaining, discipline and grievance and dispute resolution).