This course is aimed at helping managers understand the key issues in the management and leadership of change in contemporary organisational contexts and providing them with practical advice, frameworks and tools to help them manage change more effectively in global economies.
Drawing on a wide range of disciplines including organisational behaviour, HRM, marketing, IT, economics, strategy and operations, the course focuses on the nature of management and leadership, individual behaviour, motivations and engagement with organisations, the design of modern organisations and managing in international organisations and cultures. It also examines the nature of management and leadership of corporate reputations, brands and corporate social responsibility, the management of knowledge-based enterprises, the changing nature of technology in new forms of organisations and the management of changing cultures.
- An introduction to managing people in changing contexts.
- The nature of management, managers and their work.
- Managing in the individual–organisational context.
- Managing in the organisational context.
- Managing in an international context.
- The corporate context and managing people.
- The knowledge context and managing people.
- The technological context and people management.
- Managing organisational change.